All civilization is said to date back to the river valleys and water supplies of ancient Mesopotamia. Join us on a tasty voyage of discovery, using your imagination and taste buds to time-travel back 4000 years. Close your eyes and imagine lush gardens; breathe in the heady scents of saffron, cinnamon, cumin, fennel, and fenugreek being toasted on ancient stovetops. These aromatic, pungent spices with their tantalizing display of colors and warm flavor profiles are the culinary fabric of Mesopotamia. Chef Afreen Wahab hosts this epicurean journey, honoring the traditions, culinary techniques and spice palettes of the Middle East and South Asia.
- Chaplee Kabab: Minced lamb marinated w/ coriander, onions, pomegranate and fresh chilies w/ cucumber chutney
- Beef Tikka Kabab: Beef Tenderloin dredged w/ aromatic spices and fresh herbs and coriander chutney
- Shami Kabab: Ground chicken w/ garlic, onions, coriander and fresh chilies w/ tamarind and kiwi chutney
- Vegetable Kebab: Seasonal asparagus w/ lamb carpaccio and ‘panch phoran’ drizzle and mint chutney
- Naan: Leavened flat bread w/ nigella seed
$85 / person
To enroll, call 1.888.651.2003