Frequently Asked Questions
If You Have Questions, We Have the Answers
From inquiries about accommodations and spa services to taking cooking classes and hosting meetings and weddings, here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions at Cavallo Point. If you require additional information, please contact us directly at (888) 651-2003 or [email protected].
Refine Your Results:
The Food & Beverage minimum is the least amount of money that you are required to spend—combining food and beverage, excluding taxable service charge, facility fees, labor fees, and tax. The Food & Beverage minimum is dependent on the venue and date you select.
Please keep in mind that you may spend more than the Food & Beverage minimum for wedding celebrations. The minimum is reached by selecting a combination of menu packages to equal or exceed the required dollar figure depending on your anticipated guest attendance. The following are examples of items that would apply towards the food and beverage minimum:
- Butler-passed and/or displayed hors d’oeuvres, plated or buffet meals, children’s meals, dessert stations, beverage service, dinner wine, champagne toast, and non-alcoholic beverage offerings.
Specialty lighting and décor, labor fees, bartender and/or chef fees, parking, guestroom accommodations, and in-room dining do not count towards the food and beverage minimum.
- Provides a list and suggestions of Cavallo Point-approved preferred vendors for floral, photography, ceremony officiants, musicians, and more
- Acts as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections
- Details your Banquet Event Orders and Wedding Resume outlining your entire celebration
- Creates an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule
- Creates a floor plan of your function space, in order for you to provide seating arrangements
- Personally oversees the details of the bride and groom’s room reservations (if applicable)
- Creates a limited “day of” timeline for resort-affiliated functions and activities
- Oversees the setup of ceremony rehearsal, wedding ceremony, reception room(s) set-up, food preparation, and vendor arrival on the wedding day
- Serves as the on-site liaison between your wedding coordinator and/or designated contact and our resort’s banquet staff
- Reviews your final billing for accuracy, prior to the completion and presentation of the bill
Each planner and coordinator contract their services differently. Please confirm what services they provide. Services may include:
- Assists you with full service wedding coordination (Planner) or month-of wedding coordination (Coordinator) from engagement to your honeymoon
- Assists with etiquette and protocol for invitations, family matters, ceremony, and toasts
- Creates and consistently manages your detailed timeline for your entire wedding planning to include wedding day “minute by minute”
- Manages guest list RSVPs and creates and assists with dining table assignments (Planner)
- Works with you to organize and coordinate your ceremony rehearsal and wedding ceremony
- Reminds bridal party of all pertinent “call times” and “don’t forgets” on the wedding day
- Assists the bride and bridal party with dressing
- Ensures the ladies have the corsages and bouquets, etc., and assists with the pinning of boutonnieres
- Delivers and arrange ceremony programs, escort cards, place cards, favors, and any personal items
- Collects and sets-up place cards and wedding favors and/or personalized ceremony programs and dinner menus
- Coordinates your actual ceremony (lines up bridal party, assists bride with dress)
- Coordinate your reception (grand entrance, first dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc.)
- Collects any personal items you may have brought at the conclusion of the reception
All Food and Beverage fees are subject to a taxable administrative fee (currently 26%) and prevailing California State Tax. The administration fee will cover all set up, clean up, standard table linens and napkins, and tabletop equipment provided by Cavallo Point. In general, all items listed on your Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) prepared by your Wedding Specialist will be subject to an administration fee and tax. Please note that by California State Law, administration fee are taxable and non-negotiable.
You are more than welcome to leave additional gratuities for your banquet staff, event manager, and Wedding Specialist. These gratuities are completely optional.
We are able to accommodate the following number of guests for a seated meal in each of our event spaces. For our full capacity chart, please click here or visit our wedding venues page. Please note that room capacity is subject to table size and ancillary items:
- Callippe Ballroom – 150 with a dance floor, 180 without a dance floor (plus 30 guests in the adjoining Silverspot room)
- Verbena A+B – 80 with a reception area, 130 without a reception area (no dance floor allowed)
- Surfbird A+B & Tidewater A+B – 80 with a dance floor, 130 without a dance floor
- Mission Blue Chapel – 200 for a ceremony or reception, 100 for a seated meal
- Mission Blue Lawn – 250 for a ceremony or seated meal with a dance floor (tenting required for dining)
- Kober Lawn – 250 with a dance floor (requires tenting)
Yes, we are happy to offer discounted group room rates for contracted blocks. Please call and ask to speak with a member of our team for additional details and to check availability.
Audio-visual equipment is not included in the facility fee. Our on-site vendor partner, PSAV, can help you with any of your audio-visual needs. You are also welcome to provide your own audio-visual vendor if you prefer.
A complimentary “getting ready room” is provided the day of your wedding. Typically this space is used for the bride and her attendants to get ready. Many of our couples choose to stay with us the evening before their wedding and therefore have the use of their guestroom for the groom and his attendants. Your florist, wedding party, and family members may bring any flowers, dresses, and makeup into your room. For larger wedding parties, a suite accommodation or rental of a hospitality room is recommended. Please speak with your Wedding Specialist.
We reserve photography privileges for couples whose wedding receptions are held at Cavallo Point. We do require that a luncheon or dinner reception be hosted in conjunction with all of our wedding ceremonies.
Many of your wedding day details will be the responsibility of your Wedding Coordinator. Your Wedding Specialist would be delighted to assist you with recommendations for preferred Cavallo Point vendors.
Your Wedding Specialist will also provide you with a suggested timeline of planning items to accomplish based on the timing of your reservation and wedding date. Your menu, set-up, and décor selections are due to your Wedding Specialist a minimum of 30 days in advance of your wedding date.
Your Wedding Specialist is happy to arrange a ceremony rehearsal for you and your wedding party. Rehearsal times are confirmed up to four (4) weeks prior to your wedding date and set at a time that does not interfere with other booked events. Please contact your Wedding Specialist in advance to arrange. Ceremony rehearsals are normally one hour in length and there is no additional fee.
We recommend that alcohol service be discontinued approximately 30 minutes prior to the end of your function. By California State Law, no alcohol may be served after 1:30 am anywhere on property. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse service to highly intoxicated guests and may request proof of legal drinking age from guests.
Yes, your service charge includes standard house floor length linen and napkins for your dining tables. We also provide standard china and flatware.
You are able to rent custom linens, china, and flatware to create the perfect room for your event through an outside rental company.
The resort is located at 601 Murray Circle, Fort Baker, Sausalito, CA 94965. For additional details, please visit our Directions page. Most wedding guests use a combination of transportation methods, depending on budget and time constraints.
Your initial visit and consultation will be conducted by one of our Wedding Specialists. Consultations are scheduled Monday through Saturday based upon availability. We recommend booking a minimum of one week in advance. Your Wedding Specialist will conduct a thorough inspection of a designated venue appropriate to your wedding vision and anticipated guest attendance, as well as checking date availability.
Upon selection of your wedding date and venue, a Wedding Catering Agreement will be prepared and your date will be confirmed upon receipt of your initial deposit and signed agreement within one week. Traditionally, a minimum of a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your wedding date; however, this amount is subject to the timing of your reservation. Please speak with your Wedding Specialist for your deposit schedule. Your wedding details will then be given to our Wedding Specialists team to begin the exciting planning process!
One night’s deposit is required to guarantee accommodations.
Unless otherwise noted, we have a 72-hour cancellation policy; minimum-night stays over certain holidays.
Rates are based on single/double occupancy and subject to change. Children 17 years of age and under receive a complimentary rate.
The check-in time is 4:00 pm, and the check-out time is 12:00 noon.
We accept all major credit cards: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and JCB.
Cavallo Point Lodge’s overnight guests are subject to a 14% fee on lodging. This fee is a National Park Service Utility and Transportation fee, plus an Environmental Programming & Sustainability Fee assessed by Cavallo Point. Cavallo Point is exempt from City, County, and State Occupancy (Hotel) Taxes.
Cavallo Point is pleased to include the following services and amenities in a daily Resort Fee of $60 per guest room:
- Valet & self-parking
- WiFi & hard-wired internet access in your guest room
- Welcome minibar amenity
- Daily coffee, tea & pastries (7:00 – 10:00 am)
- Welcome beverages at check-in
- 24-hour fitness center
- Vintage electric bikes
- Weekday yoga classes
- Weekend guided hikes and history tours
- Bellman & concierge services
- Lexus vehicles available for guest use
- Shuttle service to Rodeo Beach and Sausalito Ferry Terminal, Wednesday – Sunday
Cavallo Point welcomes guests with disabilities. ADA lodging is available. For more information, please visit our Accessibility page.
We offer laundry and dry cleaning services, plus bellman and concierge services.
We are pleased to offer a Cavallo Point complimentary shuttle service, you can find more information here.
Cavallo Point is pleased to welcome you and your dog. In an effort to ensure the peace and tranquility of all guests, we ask for your assistance with the following:
- When booking, please select the Eco Luxe Pups package add-on ($150 per room per stay), and indicate in the “Additional Details” section if you are bringing one or two dogs. We can accept a maximum of two friendly dogs per room. The $150 fee is required and non-refundable. If there is any damage to the room due to your pet, an additional charge will be applied for the cost of repairs.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times while on property, including the Parade Ground lawn area in front of the lodge (in accordance with National Park Service rules). Please refrain from tying your pet to trees and other objects on property.
- Please do not leave pets unattended in guest rooms out of respect for other guests around you. For housekeeping to enter your room, owners must be present or the pet removed from the room.
- Dogs are restricted from entering the Healing Arts Center & Spa as well as Farley and Sula, with the exception of the terrace in front of the restaurant and bar.
- The owner hereby represents to Cavallo Point that their pet is not inclined to bite, and that in the event that their dog bites causing injury while on Lodge premises, the owner hereby agrees to fully hold harmless and indemnify Cavallo Point from any liability, which Cavallo Point may incur, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees, relating to such dog bite.
Our guest rooms do not offer air conditioning. Our location just off the San Francisco Bay presents us with a mild climate, typically making air conditioning unnecessary. However, for those extra warm days (and we do get some of those!), fans are available upon request and we’d be happy to deliver one to your room.
Our spa reservationist will help you plan the perfect spa experience, including the best order for your treatments.
When booking a spa treatment with us, you are invited to enjoy our spa facilities and meditation pool for one hour before or after your treatment, within our operating hours.
Refresh the body and renew the spirit in our heated meditation pool, eucalyptus-infused steam rooms, relaxation lounge, outdoor fire pit, and Zen garden for up to one hour before or after your spa treatment, within our operating hours.
While you’re enjoying a spa experience with us, we provide you with a robe and sandals inside the locker room for you to wear. Body treatments are enjoyed without clothing; however, please wear whatever is comfortable for you. During all treatments, the body is fully draped, except for the area being worked on.
We recommend leaving your valuables at home. If you are staying at Cavallo Point, please leave valuable items in the safe in your guest room. Otherwise, lockers are available for your personal items.
Located in the Healing Arts Center & Spa, the Tea Bar is open from 11:30 am – 5:00 pm, and features a selection of lunch entrées and wellness drinks. Outside food and drink of any kind is not permitted.
Please provide 24 hours’ notice if you must cancel or reschedule your service to avoid being charged a full service fee.
Our Healing Arts Center & Spa is for adults only. All guests must be at least 18 years of age.
No, at this time our spa facilities and meditation pool are available only to guests with scheduled spa treatments.
For your convenience, a 20% suggested gratuity will be added to each spa service. You may exercise your discretion to reduce or eliminate this 20% suggested gratuity. Suggested gratuities are dispersed to spa workers involved in your spa service. Additional gratuities may be given at your discretion.
Absolutely. We welcome and encourage all skill levels.
The minimum age for public classes is 15 years old. We often offer public classes specifically designed for kids ages 5+, when accompanied by an adult, or 8+ without an adult.
Yes, we review knife safety and knife skills prior to the beginning of each hands-on class.
Yes, tickets can be purchased online through EventBrite. Just click on the class that interests you and click the Buy Tickets button.
From time to time, a cooking class or demonstration may have to be canceled. Should that occur, we will notify all participants at least 24 hours prior to the class date and provide a full refund.
As long as you cancel your reservation within 72 hours of the scheduled class time, a full refund will be extended. If you cancel less than 72 hours in advance, the full cost of the class will be forfeited.
Comfortable clothing and slip-resistant, closed-toe shoes.
Varies by type of class, anywhere from 1 – 4 chef assistants.
It depends on the type of class. For the most part, we really like to cook, so you won’t go away hungry. But be sure to check the class descriptions, as food service will be noted.
Yes, there is a special room rate associated with the Cooking School. Contact the Cavallo Point Reservations Desk at 888.651.2003.
Our classes typically feature a fairly diversified menu and food items. Please make us aware of any allergies or dietary restrictions when making your reservation, and we’ll make every effort within reason to accommodate you.
In 1866, the U.S. Army acquired the site for a military base to fortify the north side of the Golden Gate. The 24 buildings around the 10-acre parade ground at Fort Baker took shape between 1901 and 1915. The Army post remained active through World War II and the Cold War Era. To learn more about the history of Fort Baker and Cavallo Point, please visit our Cavallo Point History page by clicking here.
Yes! Cavallo Point is a very dog-friendly property and we offer our Eco Luxe Pups program which includes several goodies for your four-legged friends. Learn more about our Dog-Friendly offerings by clicking here.
Cavallo Point is perfectly placed to experience the very best the San Francisco Bay Area has to offer! We are located just across the Golden Gate Bridge from all of the attractions of San Francisco and less than an hour from the Napa Valley Wine Country. And right here in our backyard in beautiful Marin County, you’ll find a myriad of outdoor activities that take advantage of our incredible natural setting. To learn more about attractions and activities near Cavallo Point, please click here.
Cavallo Point offers a wide array of exceptional amenities and exclusive services—many of which reflect the lodge’s green philosophy of environmental and social responsibility. To learn more about the amenities offered during a hotel stay, please click here.
Cavallo Point offers several options for dining. Sula offers exquisite dining in an elegant, yet stylish setting, blending Cavallo Point’s heritage with an inspired, modern feel. Next door, Farley features a warm, comfortable atmosphere along with an artistic twist on farm to fork for breakfast, lunch and dinner along with outdoor patio seating featuring views of the Golden Gate Bridge. In-room dining is also available. To learn more and view menus, please visit our Dining page by clicking here. In addition, the Tea Bar in the Healing Arts Center & Spa offers a variety of healthy tonics and teas made with the finest ingredients along with an array of healthy dishes on which to dine.
While all of the indoor areas at Cavallo Point are smoke-free, there are designated smoking areas throughout the property.
Yes! Gift certificates, along with a variety of other items found at Cavallo Point, can be purchased on our e-commerce website at ShopCavalloPoint.com.
The spa is open Monday – Thursday from 10am to 6pm, and Friday – Sunday from 8am to 9pm. The Tea Bar is open daily from 11:30am to 5pm.