Dim sum, "a little touch of the heart", is central to the Southern Chinese Cantonese tea house tradition. In the old days, folks would gather at the tea gardens in the evenings and enjoy these delectable morsels of steamed dumplings over tea and Chinese opera. In this class, we will make some of the popular dim sum items, but without the drama of the opera.
- Har Gau – Steamed Shrimp Dumpling
- Gow Choi Gau – Steamed then Panfried Shrimp and Chives Dumpling
- Lor Mai Gai – Lotus-Leaf Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushrooms
- Fu Pei Guen – Steamed Bean Curd Skin Springrolls with Mushrooms and Bamboo Shoots
- BBQ Pork Buns – Steamed Fluffy White Buns filled with BBQ Pork
- Dou Hua – Silken Tofu with Ginger Syrup
$85 / person + tax