Frequently Asked Questions
If You Have Questions, We Have the Answers
From inquiries about accommodations and spa services to taking cooking classes and hosting meetings and weddings, here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions at Cavallo Point. If you require additional information, please contact us directly at (888) 651-2003 or [email protected].
Refine Your Results:
The Food & Beverage minimum is the least amount of money that you are required to spend—combining food and beverage, excluding taxable service charge, facility fees, labor fees, and tax. The Food & Beverage minimum is dependent on the venue and date you select.
Please keep in mind that you may spend more than the Food & Beverage minimum for wedding celebrations. The minimum is reached by selecting a combination of menu packages to equal or exceed the required dollar figure depending on your anticipated guest attendance. The following are examples of items that would apply towards the food and beverage minimum:
- Butler-passed and/or displayed hors d’oeuvres, plated or buffet meals, children’s meals, dessert stations, beverage service, dinner wine, champagne toast, and non-alcoholic beverage offerings.
Specialty lighting and décor, labor fees, bartender and/or chef fees, parking, guestroom accommodations, and in-room dining do not count towards the food and beverage minimum.
- Provides a list and suggestions of Cavallo Point-approved preferred vendors for floral, photography, ceremony officiants, musicians, and more
- Acts as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections
- Details your Banquet Event Orders and Wedding Resume outlining your entire celebration
- Creates an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule
- Creates a floor plan of your function space, in order for you to provide seating arrangements
- Personally oversees the details of the bride and groom’s room reservations (if applicable)
- Creates a limited “day of” timeline for resort-affiliated functions and activities
- Oversees the setup of ceremony rehearsal, wedding ceremony, reception room(s) set-up, food preparation, and vendor arrival on the wedding day
- Serves as the on-site liaison between your wedding coordinator and/or designated contact and our resort’s banquet staff
- Reviews your final billing for accuracy, prior to the completion and presentation of the bill
Each planner and coordinator contract their services differently. Please confirm what services they provide. Services may include:
- Assists you with full service wedding coordination (Planner) or month-of wedding coordination (Coordinator) from engagement to your honeymoon
- Assists with etiquette and protocol for invitations, family matters, ceremony, and toasts
- Creates and consistently manages your detailed timeline for your entire wedding planning to include wedding day “minute by minute”
- Manages guest list RSVPs and creates and assists with dining table assignments (Planner)
- Works with you to organize and coordinate your ceremony rehearsal and wedding ceremony
- Reminds bridal party of all pertinent “call times” and “don’t forgets” on the wedding day
- Assists the bride and bridal party with dressing
- Ensures the ladies have the corsages and bouquets, etc., and assists with the pinning of boutonnieres
- Delivers and arrange ceremony programs, escort cards, place cards, favors, and any personal items
- Collects and sets-up place cards and wedding favors and/or personalized ceremony programs and dinner menus
- Coordinates your actual ceremony (lines up bridal party, assists bride with dress)
- Coordinate your reception (grand entrance, first dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc.)
- Collects any personal items you may have brought at the conclusion of the reception
All Food and Beverage fees are subject to a taxable administrative fee (currently 26%) and prevailing California State Tax. The administration fee will cover all set up, clean up, standard table linens and napkins, and tabletop equipment provided by Cavallo Point. In general, all items listed on your Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) prepared by your Wedding Specialist will be subject to an administration fee and tax. Please note that by California State Law, administration fee are taxable and non-negotiable.
You are more than welcome to leave additional gratuities for your banquet staff, event manager, and Wedding Specialist. These gratuities are completely optional.
We are able to accommodate the following number of guests for a seated meal in each of our event spaces. For our full capacity chart, please click here or visit our wedding venues page. Please note that room capacity is subject to table size and ancillary items:
- Callippe Ballroom – 150 with a dance floor, 180 without a dance floor (plus 30 guests in the adjoining Silverspot room)
- Verbena A+B – 80 with a reception area, 130 without a reception area (no dance floor allowed)
- Surfbird A+B & Tidewater A+B – 80 with a dance floor, 130 without a dance floor
- Mission Blue Chapel – 200 for a ceremony or reception, 100 for a seated meal
- Mission Blue Lawn – 250 for a ceremony or seated meal with a dance floor (tenting required for dining)
- Kober Lawn – 250 with a dance floor (requires tenting)
Yes, we are happy to offer discounted group room rates for contracted blocks. Please call and ask to speak with a member of our team for additional details and to check availability.
Audio-visual equipment is not included in the facility fee. Our on-site vendor partner, PSAV, can help you with any of your audio-visual needs. You are also welcome to provide your own audio-visual vendor if you prefer.
A complimentary “getting ready room” is provided the day of your wedding. Typically this space is used for the bride and her attendants to get ready. Many of our couples choose to stay with us the evening before their wedding and therefore have the use of their guestroom for the groom and his attendants. Your florist, wedding party, and family members may bring any flowers, dresses, and makeup into your room. For larger wedding parties, a suite accommodation or rental of a hospitality room is recommended. Please speak with your Wedding Specialist.
We reserve photography privileges for couples whose wedding receptions are held at Cavallo Point. We do require that a luncheon or dinner reception be hosted in conjunction with all of our wedding ceremonies.
Many of your wedding day details will be the responsibility of your Wedding Coordinator. Your Wedding Specialist would be delighted to assist you with recommendations for preferred Cavallo Point vendors.
Your Wedding Specialist will also provide you with a suggested timeline of planning items to accomplish based on the timing of your reservation and wedding date. Your menu, set-up, and décor selections are due to your Wedding Specialist a minimum of 30 days in advance of your wedding date.
Your Wedding Specialist is happy to arrange a ceremony rehearsal for you and your wedding party. Rehearsal times are confirmed up to four (4) weeks prior to your wedding date and set at a time that does not interfere with other booked events. Please contact your Wedding Specialist in advance to arrange. Ceremony rehearsals are normally one hour in length and there is no additional fee.
We recommend that alcohol service be discontinued approximately 30 minutes prior to the end of your function. By California State Law, no alcohol may be served after 1:30 am anywhere on property. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse service to highly intoxicated guests and may request proof of legal drinking age from guests.
Yes, your service charge includes standard house floor length linen and napkins for your dining tables. We also provide standard china and flatware.
You are able to rent custom linens, china, and flatware to create the perfect room for your event through an outside rental company.
The resort is located at 601 Murray Circle, Fort Baker, Sausalito, CA 94965. For additional details, please visit our Directions page. Most wedding guests use a combination of transportation methods, depending on budget and time constraints.
Your initial visit and consultation will be conducted by one of our Wedding Specialists. Consultations are scheduled Monday through Saturday based upon availability. We recommend booking a minimum of one week in advance. Your Wedding Specialist will conduct a thorough inspection of a designated venue appropriate to your wedding vision and anticipated guest attendance, as well as checking date availability.
Upon selection of your wedding date and venue, a Wedding Catering Agreement will be prepared and your date will be confirmed upon receipt of your initial deposit and signed agreement within one week. Traditionally, a minimum of a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your wedding date; however, this amount is subject to the timing of your reservation. Please speak with your Wedding Specialist for your deposit schedule. Your wedding details will then be given to our Wedding Specialists team to begin the exciting planning process!