Frequently Asked Questions
From inquiries about accommodations and spa services to taking cooking classes and hosting wedding rehearsals, here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions at Cavallo Point – the Lodge at the Golden Gate. If you require more information, please don't hesitate to contact us directly!
Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
What is your reservation confirmations, deposit, and guarantee policy?
One night's deposit is required to guarantee accommodations.
What is your cancellation policy?
Unless otherwise noted, we have a 72-hour cancellation policy; minimum-night stays over certain holidays.
How many guests are your rates based on? Is it free to bring children?
Rates are based on single/double occupancy and subject to change. Children 17 years of age and under receive a complimentary rate.
What are your check-in and check-out times?
The check-in time is 4:00 pm, and the check-out time is 12:00 noon.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards: American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and JCB.
Are there taxes and resort fees?
Cavallo Point Lodge's overnight guests are subject to a 14% fee on lodging. This fee is a National Park Service Utility and Transportation fee, plus an Environmental Programming & Sustainability Fee assessed by Cavallo Point. Cavallo Point is exempt from City, County, and State Occupancy (Hotel) Taxes.
Cavallo Point is pleased to include the following services and amenities in a daily Resort Fee of $45 per guest room:
- Valet & self-parking
- Daily coffee, tea & pastries (7:00 - 10:00 am)
- Daily wine welcome (4:00 - 6:00 pm)
- WiFi & hard-wired internet access in your guest room
- Access to fitness suite & meditation pool
- Daily morning yoga class
- Weekend guided hikes
- Bellman & concierge services
- Lexus vehicles available for guest use
- Daily shuttle service to San Francisco & Sausalito Ferry Terminal
Do you have facilities for guests with disabilities?
Cavallo Point welcomes guests with disabilities. ADA lodging is available.
What type of onsite services do you offer?
We offer laundry and dry cleaning services, plus bellman and concierge services.
Do you offer shuttle service?
We are pleased to offer a Cavallo Point complimentary shuttle service:
- Shuttle service to Sausalito is available daily, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Service to and from San Francisco is available daily
- Before 9 am and after 5:30 pm, shuttle will run based on availability and occupancy
- There are no runs to SFO, OAK or any other airports
- Due to limited seating, shuttle reservations are required at least 12 hours in advance
To San Francisco
|Depart from Building 601 Valet Stand||Destination||Arrive|
|9:00 am||Union Square (Post & Powell side of Westin Saint Francis)||9:30 am*|
|9:00 am||Fisherman's Wharf (Beach & Powell)||9:45 am*|
|3:30 pm||Union Square (Post & Powell side of Westin Saint Francis)||4:00 pm*|
|3:30 pm||Fisherman's Wharf (Beach & Powell)||4:20 pm*|
|Depart from Building 601 Valet Stand||Destination|
* Arrival times are approximate and based on traffic conditions. We encourage you to be at the San Francisco locations at least 5 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up times.
What is the weather like?
For current Sausalito, California, weather information, please visit www.weather.com.