Frequently Asked Questions
From inquiries about accommodations and spa services to taking cooking classes and hosting wedding rehearsals, here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions at Cavallo Point – the Lodge at the Golden Gate. If you require more information, please don't hesitate to contact us directly!
Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
What are your dog policies?
Cavallo Point is pleased to welcome you and your dog. In an effort to ensure the peace and tranquility of all guests, we ask for your assistance with the following:
- When booking, please indicate if you are bringing one or two dogs. We can accept a maximum of two friendly dogs per room.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times while on property, including the center parade ground. Owners must be present or the pet removed from the room for housekeeping to freshen your room. Please do not leave pets unattended in guest rooms out of respect for other guests around you. Please refrain from tying your pet to trees and other objects on property.
- Dogs are restricted from entering the Healing Arts Center & Spa as well as Farley Bar and Murray Circle restaurant with the exception of the terrace in front of the restaurant and bar.
- A $150 one-time fee will be automatically charged to your account. If there is any damage to the room due to your pet, the cost of repair will be charged to your account.
- The owner hereby represents to Cavallo Point that their pet is not inclined to bite, and that in the event that their dog bites causing injury while on the Lodge premises, the owner hereby agrees to fully and hold harmless and indemnify Cavallo Point from any liability, which Cavallo Point may incur, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees, relating to such dog bite.
For more information about the Eco Luxe Pup program, please call Reservations at 1.888.651.2003.
I can barely toast a slice of bread. Am I still qualified to attend a class?
Absolutely. We welcome and encourage all skill levels.
Is there an age requirement in the kitchen?
The minimum age for public classes is 15 years old. We often offer public classes specifically designed for kids ages 5+, when accompanied by an adult, or 8+ without an adult.
Will there be a knife safety lesson in each class?
Yes, we review knife safety and knife skills prior to the beginning of each hands-on class.
Can I sign up for a class online?
Yes, tickets can be purchased online through EventBrite. Just click on the class that interests you and click the Buy Tickets button.
Do you even have to cancel classes? If so, what is your cancellation policy?
From time to time, a cooking class or demonstration may have to be canceled. Should that occur, we will notify all participants at least 24 hours prior to the class date and provide a full refund.
What if I need to cancel my class reservation?
As long as you cancel your reservation within 72 hours of the scheduled class time, a full refund will be extended. If you cancel less than 72 hours in advance, the full cost of the class will be forfeited.
What should I wear to a cooking class?
Comfortable clothing and slip-resistant, closed-toe shoes.
I want to have my next party at the Cooking School. Is this possible?
Yes, please contact us directly at [email protected].
How many instructors are there in each class?
Varies by type of class, anywhere from 1 – 4 chef assistants.