Frequently Asked Questions
From inquiries about accommodations and spa services to taking cooking classes and hosting wedding rehearsals, here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions at Cavallo Point – the Lodge at the Golden Gate. If you require more information, please don't hesitate to contact us directly!
Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
Can you please clarify the Food & Beverage minimum and the average cost per guest?
The Food & Beverage minimum is the least amount of money that you are required to spend—combining food and beverage, excluding taxable service charge, facility fees, labor fees, and tax. The Food & Beverage minimum is dependent on the venue and date you select.
Please keep in mind that you may spend more than the Food & Beverage minimum for wedding celebrations. The minimum is reached by selecting a combination of menu packages to equal or exceed the required dollar figure depending on your anticipated guest attendance. The following are examples of items that would apply towards the food and beverage minimum:
- Butler-passed and/or displayed hors d’oeuvres, plated or buffet meals, children’s meals, dessert stations, beverage service, dinner wine, champagne toast, and non-alcoholic beverage offerings.
Specialty lighting and décor, labor fees, bartender and/or chef fees, parking, guestroom accommodations, and in-room dining do not count towards the food and beverage minimum.
Based on current banquet menus, on average you may expect to spend approximately $165 to $200 per guest for lunch and $225 to $300 per guest for dinner on food and beverage, exclusive of current taxable service charge and current sales tax. Please be aware that our menu items and pricing are subject to change and your final expenditure will depend on your final guest attendance, menu selections, and Food & Beverage financial commitment.
What does a Cavallo Point Wedding Specialist handle?
- Provides a list and suggestions of Cavallo Point-approved preferred vendors for floral, photography, ceremony officiants, musicians, and more
- Acts as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections
- Details your Banquet Event Orders and Wedding Resume outlining your entire celebration
- Creates an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule
- Creates a floor plan of your function space, in order for you to provide seating arrangements
- Personally oversees the details of the bride and groom’s room reservations (if applicable)
- Creates a limited “day of” timeline for resort-affiliated functions and activities
- Oversees the ceremony rehearsal, wedding ceremony, reception room(s) set-up, food preparation, and vendor arrival on the wedding day
- Assists with the wedding ceremony rehearsal and wedding ceremony logistics
- Serves as the on-site liaison between your wedding coordinator and/or designated contact and our resort’s banquet staff
- Reviews your final billing for accuracy, prior to the completion and presentation of the bill
What does a contracted Wedding Planner/Coordinator handle?
- Assists you with full service wedding coordination (Planner) or month-of wedding coordination (Coordinator) from engagement to your honeymoon
- Assists with etiquette and protocol for invitations, family matters, ceremony, and toasts
- Creates and consistently manages your detailed timeline for your entire wedding planning to include wedding day “minute by minute”
- Manages guest list RSVPs and creates and assists with dining table assignments (Planner)
- Works with you to organize and coordinate your ceremony rehearsal and wedding ceremony
- Reminds bridal party of all pertinent “call times” and “don’t forgets” on the wedding day
- Assists the bride and bridal party with dressing
- Ensures the ladies have the corsages and bouquets, etc., and assists with the pinning of boutonnieres
- Delivers and arrange ceremony programs, escort cards, place cards, favors, and any personal items
- Collects and sets-up place cards and wedding favors and/or personalized ceremony programs and dinner menus
- Coordinates your actual ceremony (lines up bridal party, assists bride with dress)
- Coordinate your reception (grand entrance, first dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc.)
- Collects any personal items you may have brought at the conclusion of the reception
How do I handle gratuities? What are the service charges?
All Food & Beverage fees are subject to a taxable administrative fee (currently 25%) and prevailing California State Tax. The administration fee will cover all set up, clean up, standard table linens and napkins, and tabletop equipment provided by Cavallo Point. In general, all items listed on your Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) prepared by your Wedding Specialist will be subject to an administration fee and tax. Please note that by California State Law, administration fee are taxable and non-negotiable.
You are more than welcome to leave additional gratuities for your banquet staff, event manager, and Wedding Specialist. These gratuities are completely optional.
What is the maximum number of guests I can host at my wedding?
We are able to accommodate the following number of guests for a seated meal in each of our event spaces:
- Callippe Ballroom – 150 with a dance floor, 180 without a dance floor (plus 30 guests in the adjoining Silverspot room)
- Verbena A+B – 80 with a reception area, 130 without a reception area (no dance floor allowed)
- Surfbird A+B & Tidewater A+B – 80 with a dance floor, 130 without a dance floor
- Mission Blue Chapel – 200 for a ceremony or reception, 100 for a seated meal
- Mission Blue Lawn – 250 for a ceremony or seated meal with a dance floor (tenting required for dining)
- Kober Lawn – 250 with a dance floor (requires tenting)
Are we able to have our dinner outside?
We are able to hold seated dinners on our two outdoor lawns for up to 250 guests, but tenting is required. Tenting installation requires additional venue rental charges for the day before the event for set-up and the day after the event for teardown. Tenting must be booked through a third-party tenting company and typically comes with an additional cost of $20,000 – $30,000.
Do you offer preferred guestroom rates?
We are pleased to extend preferred wedding rates for our couples that financially commit to (contract) a minimum of 10 or more rooms for two nights, or a “room block.” A room block guarantees a certain number of rooms exclusively for your guests at the preferred rate. If you choose not to have a group block/rooms contract, we are unable to track individual reservations (rooming lists) through a call-in method and are unable to extend a preferred wedding rate.
*Please note: Due to the busy nature of our destination resort, Cavallo Point strongly recommends and encourages all of our wedding couples to contract room blocks in conjunction with your Wedding Catering Agreement to ensure preferred rates and availability.
Are microphone and/or speakers provided?
Audio-visual equipment is not included in the facility fee. Our on-site vendor partner, PSAV, can help you with any of your audio-visual needs. You are also welcome to provide your own audio-visual vendor if you prefer.
What is your reservation confirmations, deposit, and guarantee policy?
One night's deposit is required to guarantee accommodations.
What is your cancellation policy?
Unless otherwise noted, we have a 72-hour cancellation policy; minimum-night stays over certain holidays.